Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

"Progression"

A good, dear friend of mine that I have known for quite a number of years absolutely HATES stagnant water. I remember one time she walked into the kitchen, looked into the sink and saw either a pot, pan or a container, something with stagnant water in it and she about flipped her lid. I thought it was one of the funniest things that I had ever seen. But, she was dead serious!

It wasn't until after she went into great detail about the dangers of "stagnancy," in particularly water, that I began to appreciate her disdain for it.

You see, you cannot begin to fathom the reasoning, thoughts and rationale of a person, that is until you actually sit down, listen and hear them out. There is a reason for their being and a purpose behind their feelings and emotions relative to a person, place or thing, up to and including their disdain.

What my wonderful friend taught me that day was similar to what My Mother always reiterated to me, "an idle mind is the devil's workshop, Corey." Stagnancy is good for absolutely nothing. If it is not flowing, then it is not growing.

"Progression" is not an option, it is a lifetime commitment to do better, to be better, to do more, to avoid less, to explore, to discover, to remove, to uncover, to conceal no more.

My good, dear friend, I now understand why you about flipped your lid that day. Stagnancy is a detrimental inactivity that has been filed away in the history books and should be learned from in order to never repeat again.

GOD has Blessed me with a special group of people that I have been lucky to call my friends throughout my Life. And although our Life events have a tendency to not coincide with each others events, we always manage to come back into each others lives with stories of "Progression."

It wasn't just about that stagnant water. The water was representing the symptoms of stagnancy which include: odor, disease and lack of growth. In other words it stinks, it is contagious and it ain't going anywhere.

And that is just how some lives turn out if we are not too careful.

Remember: "If it is not flowing, then it is not growing."

If your academic studies aren't flowing, then you are not growing.

If your career path is not flowing, then it and you are not growing.

If your Prayer isn't flowing, then chances are your Blessings are not growing.

If your parenting skills are not flowing, then your kids are probably not growing.

If the water to your favorite plant is not flowing, then guess what? Your favorite plant is not growing.

If you are not CHALLENGING YOURSELF in a flowing capacity, then stagnancy will prevent you from growing.

Don't forget: "If it is not flowing, then it is not growing."

Growth is what "Progression" is all about.

Now get to flowing!

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!

Smile,
Corey

No comments: