Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

"Permanent and Removable Retainers"

So, after the braces come off, the "Permanent Retainer" becomes the BEST option to thwart the attempt of the teeth to move back to their "unrightful" position. You see, not even teeth like or adapt to change very well. The "Permanent Retainer" acts in the same manner as the "Removable Retainer," but its PERMANENT. Sometimes the "Permanent Retainer" can and will be used in conjunction WITH the "Removable Retainer" to reinforce the fact that the teeth need to stay in their "rightful" position. The problem stems from the fact that the teeth have ONLY known ONE position, the "unrightful" one.

So, when the introduction of change comes into play, our lives also need the reinforcements of a permanent and/or removable retainer. Oft times we are so used to the "unrightful" positions that we have allowed ourselves to be in, that even when the change is a change for the better, without our retainers, we're tempted to move back to those "unrightful" positions because once upon a time, it was all that we knew. Certain positions require the attention of BOTH retainers. The use of both retainers is to simply reinforce the reinforcements.

HE is my "Permanent Retainer." My children are my "Removable Retainers." In conjunction with one another, they keep me in my "rightful" position. They keep me upright! They keep me straight! And as long as I have them, they will always allow me to shine when I Smile.

Love is the Inspiration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey