Smile And Love Always!

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

"Improvise"

Not too much, not too little, the medium size latte represents the perfect opportunity for me to satisfy my espresso craving in the morning.

On many occasions, I have waited in line either before her or after her, to satisfy the same craving. Well, due to the fact that this particular coffee store was completely out of medium and large size coffee cup lids and the possibility of a liability issue, they could not sell hot beverages to customers until they acquired the appropriate lids for their medium and large size cups.

So, on this particular morning she could not get her medium or large size beverage and decided to storm out of the coffee shop in protest as if they sold the last espresso bean in the ENTIRE world, to the customer BEFORE her.

As I always do, thoughts of My Mother immediately invaded my thought process as I fondly recalled all of the times in which My Mother did not have what "I" NEEDED or thought "I" WANTED, but she always demonstrated the ability to "Improvise" at a moments notice and make SOMETHING out of NOTHING. And because of that innate ability, me going to bed hungry was NOT an option.

I thought to myself, "she can still get some coffee. It just won't be in her preferred size (what "she" NEEDED or thought "she" WANTED)."

At the end of the Barista Bar, I patiently awaited for my cup of coffee as she proceeded to march out of the store. How dare me and shame on me if "I" so chose to act in such a manner, displaying unnecessary behavior. That would have equated to a form of disrespect for all of the times that My Mother "Improvised" and made it happen.

Had she taken the time to open up her options, she would have ordered a small size cup of coffee and come to the instant realization that the person behind the register was actually the manager and he was giving away the "small size" drinks for FREE.

Sometimes it is through "Improvisation" that we yield some pretty good results, if we only open up our minds and forgo what we "think" we NEED or WANT. Not too much, not too little, the medium size latte does indeed represent my preferred beverage size, but a free small size cup of coffee tastes better to my pockets in an upside economy that I'm so Blessed to still be able to enjoy my Gourmet Coffee.

Going forward, I will always think of "Improvise" whenever I see her in the coffee store. I will always think of My Mother when I see her and THINK of "Improvise" in the coffee store. And in doing so, I will fondly recall My Mother's innate ability TO "Improvise," that kept my hunger pains at bay and always kept us humbled each and every day.

The Blessing is not necessarily in what you NEED or WANT, it is often in everything that you do NOT have and cannot get, at that moment. But, perhaps the Blessing of the day, was a free cup of coffee to start you on your way? Perhaps.

Sometimes Blessings come in packages that differ in the size that you were looking for, needed or wanted. But a Blessing is a Blessing and for all intents and purposes, Blessings lie within the RECOGNITION of such, that a Blessing IS amongst you.

Expand your options and enjoy your small cup of coffee today. The cashier is actually the manager of the coffee store and he has "Improvised" a Blessing for you on this day.

Blessings.

Love and My Mother are the Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are the Motivation!
Love and My Mother are the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

No comments: