Smile And Love Always!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"U-Haul"

When it is all said and done I would like to leave behind an impeccable legacy of fatherhood that my children will cherish for the rest of their lives, similar to the legacy that my Mother left for her children and grandchildren alike (her children's children). I would like to be remembered for everything that I failed at AS WELL as everything that I was able to accomplish. Therein will exist the blueprint for my children to follow, avoiding the re-invention of the wheel, yet allowing them room to navigate their own way along the lane that THEY create.

During a Sunday Sermon one of the Ministers made a comment that has always stuck with me. She said, "I have never seen a U-Haul following a hearse." In other words, whatever you have in THIS life, you cannot take with you on your next journey. Had I been a selfish person when I initially heard that, I would have been compelled to alter my ways in favor of the opposite end of the spectrum.

Whatever is left of me will have every reason to be utilized in the ONLY manner in which it was designed: that of a positive nature. Everything that is left of me will continue to breathe life into what I have left behind. My children will be afforded the opportunity to be everything that they are supposed to be with the grace and confidence that we should all be so lucky to exhibit.

Above and beyond anything earthly that I can possibly offer, my children will know LOVE and what it means to be LOVED! I pray that this will in turn allow them to recognize when they see it as well as when they do NOT see it. You see sometimes we do not ACCEPT love because we do not RECOGNIZE love. Sometimes we do not RECOGNIZE opportunity because it comes in the form of hard work. It's all in the recognition: knowing when you see it and knowing when you do not.

Needless to say there will be no "U-Haul" following MY hearse, because whatever is left of me will INDEED be left behind. There will be no doubt about my thoughts and feelings because I will share them with you. Pick my brain, read my words, hear my voice. The "Cheat Sheet" that my Mother left for me will be ADDED TO and left for MY children's children.

Whatever is left of me will INDEED be left behind. There will be no "U-Haul" following MY hearse.

Love and My Mother are the Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are the Motivation!
Love and My Mother are the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

1 comment:

CIMSAAF said...

This quote helped me put my thoughts in perspective during my lunch break: "Sometimes we do not RECOGNIZE opportunity because it comes in the form of hard work. "
I love this statement. :-)