Smile And Love Always!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Double Dutch"

Growing up with an odd number of sisters, I found myself participating, anticipating and patiently waiting for them to “jump in.” You see I was usually on one of the ends of the rope turning my hands and arms in Figure 8’s trying to approximate, while they calculate, when was the right time to “jump in.” In life there is no such thing as a perfect time or timing in which to jump right on in.

As if we’re preparing to jump in, we rock back and forth looking for OUR, that PERFECT opportunity that we can seize and “Double Dutch” with vigor, flash, style, exuberance, delight and showmanship. You ever notice that some jump in even before the momentum of the ropes is enough to sustain them? And then some jump in with their eyes closed. Then you have those that jump in as soon as the ropes are in full swing because they are ready to demonstrate their flare! Ever seen the truly daring “Double Dutch” with more than one person, while simultaneously performing a routine? Back in your “Double Dutch” days, how did you jump in? However you chose or choose to jump in, don’t rock back and forth for too long. Don’t lose the momentum of the Figure 8’s.

Way back when, I never imagined that YEARS later I would be writing about a harmless activity that was usually associated with girls. There was a lesson in those Figure 8’s and I’m glad that I was at the end of those ropes from time to time. Who would have thought that those Figure 8’s would have had something in store for me worth writing about, worth reflecting upon and worth talking about to this day.

The ropes are turning and the Figure 8’s are in motion. It’s time for us to jump in. It’s time to “Double Dutch” in 2008.

My Mother is the Inspiration!
My Mother is the Motivation!
My Mother is the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

2 comments:

CIMSAAF said...

Corey this is absolutely WONDERFUL! I can relate both figuratively and literally. You brought back memories as well as inspirational and motivational words for the New Year. I AM truly ready to jump in and double dutch in 2008!! :-) HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

C said...

I feel you on this one