Smile And Love Always!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Growth"

"Growth" is a BIG part of life. Some just do not think that it is a MANDATORY part of life. Refusing to allow the grass to grow under my feet is how I keep it moving! By default, the mandatory BECOMES mandatory! Oft times I reflect back on where it all began for me and witness my own "Growth." I am truly humbled and amazed at how HE continues to broaden my horizons and expand my thought process with the experiences that accompany me on life's journey.

I work out on a daily basis and deem this to be equivalent to working out. Whenever I enter the gym and commence to exercise, I do not measure the amount of stretching that I do compared to the person next to me. I measure how much I can stretch compared to the last time I stretched before I worked out. I do not measure how much I am lifting that day by how much the person next to me is lifting. I measure how much I lift compared to how much I lifted the last time I worked out that particular muscle group.

In short, my "Growth" is NOT contingent upon the efforts of OTHERS, but solely contingent upon the efforts of Corey and Corey ALONE! Should you NOT witness "Growth" within yourself, look WITHIN yourself and NOT others as to why your "Growth" has either been limited or nonexistent.

Until I learned why, I once thought that weightlifters were conceited as they "admired" themselves whenever they worked out. Then one day a trainer indirectly informed me that looking at yourself in the mirror as you work out helps you maintain the correct form. Maintaining the correct form will help you avoid injury and simultaneously garner you favorable results. So, your actions AND subsequent actions thereof do indeed make a difference in the end results.

"Growth" is the same way! It all starts with the image in the mirror. Do you have the correct form? Will your actions or lack thereof contribute to injury to yourself and/or others? Are you WORKING towards obtaining the results that you are vying for? The mirror is a great place to start. Reflections do not lie and what you see is INDEED exactly what you get! So, should you NOT like what you see, start working on your form.

Now I wonder who's thinking that Corey is conceited as I "admire" myself in the mirror while working out. Little do they know, I'm only working on my form.

Remove "Growth" from your "optional" list. By default, the mandatory BECOMES mandatory!

Love and My Mother are the Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are the Motivation!
Love and My Mother are the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

1 comment:

CIMSAAF said...

Good one!!!! And to this blog I will quote the lyrics of famous entertainer:
I'm Gonna Make A Change,
For Once In My Life
It's Gonna Feel Real Good,
Gonna Make A Difference
Gonna Make It Right . . .
I'm Starting With The Man In
The Mirror
I'm Asking Him To Change
His Ways
And No Message Could Have
Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World
A Better Place
Take A Look At Yourself, And
Then Make A Change