Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

"Weren't Home"

Before I opened the front door, it was mandatory to see who was knocking. Sometimes we "Weren't Home" as we hustled to mute the television in support of the fib we were attempting to portray. As an adult, particular habits refused to cease their existence. Sometimes what was on the other side of the door was a Blessing that was attempting to come in. Sometimes on the other side of the door was Love that was attempting to accompany the Blessing as they both tried to enter the premises. But I never knew that because we "Weren't Home."

Now, when "they" (Blessings) or "she" (Love) knock at the door, I not only recognize the customized knock, I've left a key underneath the mat for them to come on in and make themselves at home. "You're welcome to stay whether or not I'm there at the time of your arrival. Stay a while longer, there is no rush. As a matter of fact, you're more than welcome to move in. I have plenty of space and have not even gone to the grocery store yet. So add your list to my list and let's enjoy our time together."

When Blessings and Love are knocking at the door, make sure you're home. When Blessings and Love come back the next day, receive them and the abundance of joy they bring. When Blessings and Love are upon you, smile feverishly and be thankful for what's about to happen.

I'm so thankful that Blessings and Love KNEW that someone WAS home and they made another attempt the next day, followed by the next, until I finally answered the door. Sometimes when opportunity is knocking, we're not home. Readily avail yourself to all of the Blessings, Love and Opportunities that come knocking at your door. Make sure that you are always home or leave a key underneath the mat so that when YOU arrive, they greet YOU at the door.

Love and My Mother are the Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are the Motivation!
Love and My Mother are the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

3 comments:

C said...

Very well written

Anonymous said...

I am so amazed at how much you have grown, I always knew it was in you...it was just a matter of time. I am so proud of you and happy for you that you have finally allowed yourself to be loved, and be blessed.

CIMSAAF said...

I love the metaphor!! This is beautiful. I'm glad you opened the door! ;-)