Smile And Love Always!

Friday, January 18, 2008

"Scratch or Outta the Can"

"Ain't nothing like a good home cooked meal."

Some people measure culinary skills simply by your ability to cook by "Scratch or Outta the Can." Unfortunately, this is the same manner in which some measure Love. Whether by "Scratch or Outta the Can," your appetite has been satisfied by the feast that was prepared for you. Some of the BEST cooked meals are prepared and served out of cans. Other BEST cooked meals are prepared and served strictly by scratch. The last of these BEST cooked meals come from those culinary masters that use a combination of both, with a touch or two of "some special ingredient" that perks up those taste buds with a nod in favor of what was just savored.

Love is prepared in the same capacity and mannerisms as the same aforementioned culinary options. Some of the love we receive is "outta the can," it is simply what we know. Some of the love we receive is "customized" or by scratch, if you will. Then some of that love we receive is a strong combination of both.

There is no significance or true relevance to HOW you cook. The simple fact of the matter is that you DO cook! And those that you cook for see and know your cooking. There is no significance or true relevance to HOW you Love. The simple fact of the matter is that you DO Love! And those that you Love see, know AND feel your Loving.

Whether your home cooked meal is prepared "outta the can," by scratch or with a combination of both, understand and appreciate the fact that it was more than likely prepared with all of the ingredients that make up and compose Love. Whether you deem the Love you receive to be "outta the can," by scratch or with a combination of both, understand and appreciate the fact that you are STILL being Loved. When you're giving thanks for your meal, don't forget to verbally thank the Loving hands that prepared that meal.

Going forward should someone ask YOU how you cook, tell them you cook with LOVE.

Love and My Mother are the Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are the Motivation!
Love and My Mother are the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

2 comments:

CIMSAAF said...

I'll keep cooking!! :-) Nice job!

Anonymous said...

This hit home for me but in a different way. While I was growing up and even now, whenever I came home my grandmother's first question shortly after saying hello was...are you hungry? Be aware that saying "NO" was out of the question, she would take offense to that. It wasn't until recently that I realized that feeding us and making all of our favorites is her way of showing us how much she loves and cares. Now that I am older and wiser (LOL!) I find myself in the same place, making dinner for my family everynight is important to me, it is my way of caring for them and showing them my love, no matter if the menu for the night is Mac & Cheese out of a box, or something more elaborate as empanadas, the intention is the same. As far as adding that extra something, to this day I have never made anything as good as my grandma even when she is looking over my shoulder ;-)