Smile And Love Always!

Monday, December 12, 2011

"Man Plans, But God Decides"

We were supposed to be departing Malaysia and did not have time to make three more quick stops to see so many more people. But low and behold, we found the time, made the time and I am forever grateful that we changed our minds.

We walked into their home and the first thing that you notice was the garland draped photo of this handsome young man, younger than I. Standing there were his two children. The eldest, his son, standing, bald cut, strong and brave for he was now the man of the house. His daughter, the baby, so eloquently beautiful, vastly unaware of the meaning of the outpouring of support for her Father. Then there was the children's Mother, his wife. A beautiful, but fragile frame, there to greet us in her home as they were mourning the loss of her husband, their Father and her son.

You see we had not the time to make these additional stops...."Man Plans, But God Decides" and I am so grateful that the Lord made the decision to alter my plans and lead me to this hurting family.

It was an honor to embrace them as My Mother was once embraced 27 years prior as she too was hurting and mourning the loss of her son, my brother, as I too, stood there, the man of the house, welcoming people into our home in order for them to pay their respects.

The Laws of Reciprocity dictated exactly where I needed to be, whom I needed to be with and my participation in the moment that could possibly positively alter or define someone else's Life at the crossroads, a point in their lives where such an impact needed to be made.

And there Jesus was, directing my path, to fulfil His purpose, by using my experience to demonstrate Love and compassion to a family that just lost so much in one fell swoop. This beautiful family has forever changed my Life and I shall always remember them, Pray for them and hold them near and dear to my heart, with every beat.

Such a strong woman sitting there mourning her son, cracking a Smile, shedding some tears, talking with me and allowing me to capture her likeness in all of her Motherly Glory. And if you know not the strength of a Mother's Love, it would behoove you to become "better" acquainted with it because it is very real, it never dies and it forever sustains you, bridging the gap in your absence by reminding those left behind of your presence.

And here she is, his Mother.

"Man Plans, But God Decides"

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!

Smile and Love Always!
Corey A. Ford

No comments: