Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, December 03, 2009

"My Sweet Mother"

Had it not been for my Mother, my credentials could have very well been my rap sheet.

Not just ANY Mother, but a GOOD Mother. A good Momma! One so good that I soon realized that a great number of my friends were ACTUALLY coming to see MY Mother and not me because she was better than the one that they had.

No bruised ego from me however. I had what they wanted and I was privileged and honored to already call her Mom. Funny how her title became her nickname for all of those friends of mine that dropped by, out of the blue, just to see "me."

She would feed you when there was nothing to eat.

Provide answers without having to even hear the questions.

What a lucky young man I was to have had the Mother that I did. In all actuality, what a lucky "young" man I still am to have the Mother that I did.

You see, I never seem to run out of memories of Mother. I keep happening upon things that she made happen for me. I guess that's where I get it from. This innate ability to just "do it" and "make it happen."

December 3, my Life changed forever. But because my Mother first introduced me to the LORD, it simultaneously changed for the better as I drew closer to HIM in the longing absence of "her."

It has not been a walk in the park and "easy" has never described any aspects of my Life. But, "possible" describes "all" aspects of my Life.

No matter how "impossible" things may appear, the reality is GOD's unlimited possibilities are inevitable when you give it to HIM, the same way that I did, back on December 3.

I still cry, but I'm now comforted.

I still and will always miss her, but GOD keeps reminding me that she's right there with HIM now.

And since what HE can do will always be what's best for me and you, I humbly step aside in the same manner that I did whenever the doorbell rang and I heard a familiar voice asking, "is Corey home?"

No bruised ego from me however. I was privileged and honored to already call her Mom, "My Sweet Mother."

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

No comments: