Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

"Out the Window"

Driving down the highway, I had the windows on the drivers side, the passenger side, the two in the rear and the hatchback closed tightly. While the iPOD was hooked up to the auxiliary blasting my latest playlist, I popped the sunroof.

The symbolism of sharing the fact that all of the other windows and orifices were closed is simple. You ever think that you have flicked something "Out the Window" only to realize that Mother Nature was watching and whatever it was just flew back into the vehicle? Not this time!

I stripped myself of all of my pride and tossed it "Out the Window!"

I did not even look in the rearview as I'm sure that the image of that once big and bad pride got smaller and smaller as I drove farther and farther away, as fast as I could!

Never to be a passenger, a piece of garment or an ornament dangling around my Life again, pride is gone, "Forevermore."

I rolled the windows down and let the newness overtake the space that pride once occupied. Newness has never looked so beautiful in all her Life.

She's riding shotgun from this day forth now. As a matter of fact, I think I'll let her drive on the way home this evening. Be cautious of the Smile should you happen upon me. It is highly contagious and I might otherwise infect you from ear to ear.

Go ahead and strip yourself down and toss IT, "Out the Window."

But make sure that Mother Nature's not watching.

Prideless!

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

1 comment:

Robin said...

Pride is a "BIG" thing to be throwing "Out the Window" all at once. Mine is so big, I think I would have to throw out one piece at a time. Anyways kudos to you. Very big step!