Smile And Love Always!

Monday, December 01, 2008

"My First Birthday"

Last year this time, My Mother was calling to sing Happy Birthday to me, for the last time as My Mother. This year, for the first time as My Angel.

What has amounted to the most difficult year of My Life, has culminated to the most rewarding Life that I could have ever asked for. As a matter of fact, I did not have the wherewithal to even envision the type of Life that having a Mother such as I, could have ever afforded me.

From "My First Birthday" to the last birthday that I was Blessed to have shared with My Mother, I am forever grateful for the opportunity of being in the absolute right place, at the absolute right time, to be able to claim My Mothers DNA as her Loving son.

Two days after the anniversary of my birth, marks the anniversary of My Mothers death and although I admit defeat in the ocean of emotions that have overwhelmed me since that day, I stand in the wake of Victory as a verbal testimony to the wonderful things that My Mother did, the wonderful things that My Mother accomplished as well as the wonderful things that My Mother achieved in addition to the physical testimony to the greatness that My Mother required of myself as well as my siblings, in the form of Love.

"My First Birthday" is upon me, as well as the everlasting memory and Love that I cherish of You, Mother.

I cannot promise you that I am not going to cry today!

But, with the vigor and tenacity that My Mother so embodied, I will celebrate "My First Birthday" as My Mother calls to sing happy birthday to me, for the first time, as My Angel.

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very heart felt.....

~Happy Birthday to you~
~Happy Birthday to you~
~Happy Birthday Dear Correyyy~
~Happy Birthday.... too youuu~
~And many many more.
Happy Birthday Corey!

Anonymous said...

Wow... I had no idea that you lost your Mother so close to your birthday. That's amazing... She held on so that your birthday would not be a bittersweet day. She is truly an Angel, as most Mothers are...