Smile And Love Always!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Flattery"

Momma used to tell me, "Corey, imitation is the BEST form of "Flattery," my son. But the gift that dwells within YOU is for YOU and YOU alone. There is a big difference between an ORIGINAL composition and a duplicate OF the original. Yes, imitation is indeed the BEST form of "Flattery," my son."

There is also a big difference between being a professor and being a student. As a student, class is ALWAYS in session. And as a professor, the session is always being CONDUCTED. Either way, there is no mistaking where the status lies, but imitation is indeed the BEST form of "Flattery," Momma.

My Martial Arts Instructor has taught me for over 12 years, but I will ALWAYS be a student of someone that not only teaches the art form, but maintains his student status to advance himself even more in his Grandmaster status, further distancing himself from the students that he teaches.

As a 3rd Degree Black Belt, I too have the ability to teach, but have not been "ordained" in which to do so. Yet even the "ordained" have LIMITATIONS when the crux of their very existence is based on IMITATIONS. You were absolutely right Momma! Imitation is indeed the BEST form of "Flattery."

Through everyones purposefully Blessed Life, it is of the utmost importance to "imitate no more, create your OWN door and then walk through it." Do not allow it to pass you twice, before you get it first. But for those, that "won't" get it until the 3rd or 4th time out, YES Momma, imitation is indeed the BEST form of "Flattery."

Following the blueprint of another affords you nothing in the way of creating your own design, coming into your own existence, authoring your own script. You might as well lip sync or recite the words of another since your presence is overshadowed by the shadow of the one that you're imitating.

Those self imposed limitations lead to nothing but future imitations. But, should you feel comfortable in SOMEONE ELSE'S skin, behind THEIR shadow, using their WORDS, doctored and represented plagiaristically as your own, then you shall always prove my Momma right: imitation is indeed the BEST form of "Flattery," regardless of what you "Go Through or Grow Through," your entire Life.

Yet again, I thank you for the heads up Momma. Job "Well Done" (POSTED 2/21/08).

Although imitation is the BEST form of "Flattery," walking in someone else's shadow means that you will ALWAYS be, "Behind Them."

I Eternally Love You Momma!

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

No comments: