Smile And Love Always!

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

"Latching On...But You Already Knew That"

It has been one year and thank GOD, I'm alright Momma! But of course, I'm sure you already knew that.

I was always a late bloomer and still to this day, I directly attribute that to the stubborn arrival on the day of My Birth. With precise recollection, ala a photographic memory, your ability to recall, make sense of and enlighten your first born, has thus given me the ability to recall, make sense of and enlighten my own children. But I'm sure you already knew that too.

I am doing unbelievably fine in your absence. Truth be told, you've spent my entire Life preparing me for such a time. Had I known what you knew I wouldn't find out until after the fact, I would have made it my business to put my two cents in. But you already knew that, hence the reason you did it the way that you did it, like a Mother.

If I achieve a fraction of your parental accomplishments, My Children will be Spiritually Wealthy and HE will be enormously pleased to know that my job was "Well Done" (POSTED 2/21/08).

You left behind some pretty big shoes to fill and the "two pairs of socks" method does not quite work. You got me on that one! Being a quick study does have its advantages, most importantly the recognition of the body of knowledge obtained by the student being granted the permission to absorb from the teacher. And I thought my "Latching On" days ended when you stopped nursing me as a baby. Yet I find myself still "Latching On" to EVERYTHING that you ever instilled in me.

Today, after one super long year, I can finally breathe! I can finally relax, enjoy your memories and let them marinate all through my mind and rid myself of the heavy burden that I have been carrying since you left.

I will sleep well knowing that all is well and that you are completely pain free. Today marks the first day of the rest of My Life and tomorrow I will once again begin to Live, one year after the fact, "Latching On" to your marvelous memories, funny stories and your infinite wisdom......"But You Already Knew That."

I Forever Love You, My Sweetest Mother!

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you know that latching on is a beautiful thing. Trust me, it's been 14+ years since my Mother left here and I still latch on to EVERYTHING I can :-)
GOD will bless you abundantly with only HIS peace each and every day forward!