Smile And Love Always!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"The Same"

You ever happen upon someone from the recent or distant past and before you know it, almost instantly, you realize that the more things change, the more they remain "The Same?"

Their desire is to pick up right where you left off, totally ambiguous to the fact that the person you once WERE, is that person no MORE! That person that you used to be does not even REMOTELY resemble the person that you are today. The physical might have remained consistent, but the mental is a "Heavenly Distant."

You have turned over that new leaf. You have turned that corner. And low and behold, you have passed them once and are about to pass them yet again, twice!

But there you are, in their midst, listening to the very words that fall off of their lips, silently concluding, while simultaneously rejoicing to yourself, THANK GOD! Momma was right! "Corey, Be A Leader, Not A Follower," "Be Your Own Man, Do Your Own Thing" and "Birds of A Feather, Flock Together." My Angel used to tell me that "You Are Judged by the Company You Keep."

Mind you, all the while they are delivering their "monologue," all of the aforementioned thoughts are running through my mind and dare me NOT, to recite any of the verbiage that was chimed my way. Outside of the first sentence through the last word, I heard not one thing. The more things change, the more they remain "The Same."

I might not be where I WANT to be, but THANK GOD, I am not where I USED to be!

Growth might be a multiple choice response to some, but it is a mandatory essay for me! There is zero option to do anything outside of Growth, except to Grow.

Self-Aggrandizing, no. Testimony to the goodness of the LORD that was bestowed upon me through "My Loving Angel," yes.

The opportunity to "dialogue" did not present itself at any point. The monologue let me know that the things we once had in common, existed no more. When I quit smoking cigarettes, I realized that a lot of my smoker friends and I actually had nothing in common, outside of our mutual addiction to those cancer sticks.

When I desire to free myself of the mediocrity that permeates my circumference, I talk about "That Sweet Goodness" of the LORD. You see, it philosophically works BOTH ways: The more things change, the more they remain "The Same."

Pleasantly surprise the recently and distant members of your past with an "essay," not a multiple choice response, because it is true, the more things change, the more they remain "The Same."

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write with such passion and vigor. Other than your Mother, who or what else inspires you? Also, I think it's great that a person finds something new about themselves each day, but to take "cheap shots" at others along the way is wrong.