Smile And Love Always!

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

"Your Impact"

Nowadays we tend to check our Facebook pages to see how many "Likes" we received from something that we have posted or view our Twitter accounts in order to see how many Retweets we got. But that should not be the barometer that we use to gauge the impact that we have made in Life or in the lives of others. Irrespective of the intelligence of technology, "Your Impact" is not quantifiable and rightfully so. If that was the case, how were impacts calculated before the onslaught of Social Media via Facebook and Twitter?

When we seek the recognition of people, we miss out on the Glory of God. For what we do and what comes through us, most of the time has nothing to do with us. It is for the benefit of the Kingdom and not for the personal kudo's. I mean what if we had a personal impact goal of let's say 100 people? Would we slow down as we reached that goal and stop once that goal has been realized? Legitimate questions, hence the reason why we should not focus on how many we have impacted, but reset the "Impact Counter" with the start of each day, and approach it as if it is a new beginning in which to do it all over again. It actually is!

I long since stopped viewing the background statistics of "All The Best, All The Time!" I received a Holy Spirit Epiphany that let me know that my actions were making it about me and I had nothing to do with whatever was going on "behind the scenes." Therefore, I do not meausre my impact, I just keep living my Life, in order to make an impact, with the goal of my Heavenly Father deciding and guiding the impact that is to be made. It is never about you, however, it is about "Your Impact," and whether or not it was made.

God, Love, And Smile Always!
Corey A. Ford

No comments: