Smile And Love Always!

Friday, December 13, 2013

"Teachable Moments: They See My Effort!"

Somehow we allow ourselves to get caught up in the whim of what's going on around us and subconsciously think that for whatever reason it deserves our attention and participation. Without a conscious effort we can begin to take on a life form that is contrary to who and what we are for the sake of what we think is expected of us, blind to the fact that who and what we really are is what is most important to the one's that Love us as such. I have experienced this through yet another instance of "Teachable Moments" that was gleaned through the Loving nature of my Children. The time that we spend together does not have to be doing something which requires the use of my credit card or the dispensing of readily available cash. Rather it is the undivided attention to detail that I partake in, with them, that garners the most Loving feedback that a parent could ever ask and hope for. The "Time" that we spend together cannot be compensated for or replaced in lieu of anything. In everything that I do as a father, it is apparent that "They See My Effort!" And in doing so, in the manner that only Children of God can, they reward me with their presence, when it is THEIR presence that has actually so rewarded me. This is the type of cyclical behavior that can and will speak volumes, generationally speaking. My effort will not be lost when I do not reach for something other than my "time and energy," rather it will be solidified in the same "time and energy" that is freely given to the one's that appreciate it for what it truly is, irreplaceable. I am gently reminded of what's important by the importance of what God communicates to me through my Children. And in the irrespective whim of whatever is going on around us, it does not fall on deaf ears. Another lesson on "Teachable Moments: They See My Effort!"

God, Love, And Smile Always!
Corey A. Ford

No comments: