Smile And Love Always!

Friday, October 09, 2009

"Solidarity"

I gravitated to the rear of my closet and I pulled out the same shirt that I wore the day that I laid My Mother to rest. I had no intentions on doing so, but my heart COMPELLED me to do so. That was not Corey's plan, but instead and always, it was GOD's plan. I did not understand at that very moment, but I trust GOD and I did just that, simply BECAUSE, I trust HIM.

All day long, the thought of wearing that shirt kept popping up in my head and just overwhelmed me. Since I trust GOD, wearing it was not optional when I attended the funeral of my friends Mother.

It is important to NOTE the time because at ANY point in time, it COULD be the time. Thursday, October 8, 2009, as I entered the Church, I was greeted by my friend as she was handing out programs that captured a snippet of her Mother's legacy. She reminded me of me during My Mother's "Homegoing Celebration." I saw me in her, almost two years prior. We embraced and I went to take my seat.

After the service commenced, I perked up when I heard the music of a particular song that deeply resonated with me. This particular song was the identical selection that we chose and played at My Mother's "Celebration Service" called "What A Friend We Have In Jesus." As I sat there, with my shirt on, I knew in my heart that I trusted GOD!

I watched her during the service to make sure that she was ok, but I quickly reminded myself that there is nothing that I can "do" when GOD has already "done." I trusted GOD and therefore let it go.

At the end of the service I gathered myself in the restroom before going out to embrace my friend, still trusting GOD.

It is when you allow GOD in your heart, that it is ok to lead WITH your heart, because HE is not only the driver, but the driving force behind all of the decisions that you will make, whether or not you understand them when you make them. We just have to trust GOD in and with, our hearts.

When I embraced my friend, it was a wonderful, beautiful, Spiritual connection that could have only been facilitated by GOD. Jesus resides IN my heart and I trust GOD WITH my heart.

Although "I" might not understand at the time, I know who's behind the steering wheel of my heart and I trust HIM, emphatically!

Although "YOU" might not understand at the time, know who's behind the steering wheel of your heart and trust HIM, emphatically!

When I got home, I looked at myself in the mirror as I proceeded to remove my tie and my shirt. I recalled the days events and earlier in the day, the reason eluded me. But as I began to unbutton my shirt I realized the importance of me wearing the same shirt that I wore the day that I laid My Sweet Mother to rest, on the day that my friend was about to lay her Mother to rest. It was a show of "Solidarity" in the fact that we both trust GOD immensely and unequivocally.

You see sometimes GOD uses you whether you know it or not.

You see sometimes GOD uses you whether you like it or not.

You see sometimes GOD uses you whether you want HIM to or not.

But all of that is irrelevant, so long as you TRUST GOD!

Our Mother's had never previously met nor knew of each others existence. But now, due to our "Solidarity," I know, I trust and I therefore believe that they are getting acquainted, because "we" trust GOD.

With ALL of your heart, ALWAYS trust GOD. And do so, in complete "Solidarity."

To my friend and our wonderful Mother's, may we continue to trust GOD as they assist the greatest play maker every known in anticipation of our inevitable arrival.

Here's to our unspoken "Solidarity."

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

1 comment:

Robin said...

WWOOWW!!!!!