Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, November 05, 2009

"Fix What You Break"

Once upon a time as a young lad, I remember the philosophy upon entering an establishment: "if you break it, you just bought it."

The sheer thought of having someone other than me paying for something that they could not use because I broke it and rendered it temporarily or permanently useless, terrified me.

I SAID, "The sheer thought of having someone other than me paying for something that they could not use because I broke it and rendered it temporarily or permanently useless, terrified me."

Obviously, I am not just referring to the physical items that decorate an establishment. I am also talking about the physical items that decorate GOD's establishment.

You see, I knew that breaking something was going to cost someone else, even though I was the perpetrator that caused the damage to begin with.

I was too afraid to break something and promptly obeyed Mother every time she instructed me, "don't touch! I cannot afford to replace anything in here." And she trusted me to do just that.

People browse through GOD's establishments touching any and everything that they can get their little hands on, totally oblivious and apathetic to the harm that they will cause, the cost that will befall someone else and the irreparable damage that they could truly care less about.

From establishment to establishment, their presence has an outstanding tab that they have zero intentions on ever repaying.

"If you break it, you just bought it." Not them!

If you can only afford to browse then browse through your own physical items so as not to damage the physical items that belong to others. You have absolutely no claim to something that belongs to someone else. So, "don't touch! You cannot afford to replace anything in here." That's what my Momma would say. And I trusted her when she said just that.

Now as an adult, I shop where I can afford to buy, but just in case, I carry my glue and a pocket full of forgiveness.

So, as you continue to browse through GOD and Life's establishments, hold yourself and be accountable for all of the things that you break (Hearts, Relationships, Marriages, Families, Homes and Friendships). And if it is not something that you can purchase after you have already broken it, then you must and should, "Fix What You Break."

I am done now. Feel free to use my crazy glue and I'll let you have some of this forgiveness in my pockets. Reparations are in order. Take what was once thought to be irreparably damaged, whether it is a physical item or one of GOD's items and repair it as if it belongs to you.

"If you break it, you just bought it."

Maintain that mentality so that you can process and handle GOD and Life's physical items as you would those in your favorite establishment.

If you can't afford to fix it, then don't break it! But, if you do break it, then "Fix What You Break."

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

No comments: