Smile And Love Always!

Sunday, November 01, 2009

"All By Yourself"

I learned an all too important, in your face, valuable lesson very recently. You know my Mother used to constantly remind me that "you can lead a horse to water Corey, but you cannot make him drink."

You cannot teach someone that refuses to be taught.

You will not be heard if someone refuses to listen.

You cannot progress with someone that is content with their stagnancy.

Nothing will get "done" if people refuse to "do."

I am of the firm opinion that helping others is cool, when and where you can, but you cannot help someone more than they are willing to help themselves.

Sometimes people require you to "help them in order for you to help them," yet they do not understand nor do they appreciate the help that you have already given them. They just look for you to do more than what you have already done and would have you believe that all of your help and effort is required in order to "motivate" them to do what they should already be doing. Simply put, they do what they do best, they make excuses.

You will never be able to "take the reigns of someone's brain, implement their joy while replacing their pain." They are exactly where they want to be, until they specifically decide otherwise.

You were so right Momma! "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink."

I learned an all too important, in your face, valuable lesson very recently.

Do not bring yourself down in order to lift up someone else, because you can do bad, "All By Yourself."

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

1 comment:

Robin said...

You are so so right about that, Corey! Now I just leave it alone, and let "The Source of our Resources" handle the situation. I don't want to wind up being a disservice to anybody "I think" I'm helping. I don't think that's anyones intention to be a disservice when they lead a horse to water. So, now I think before I waste their time and most importantly "My Time".

God Bless and Thanks for being a Blessing!!