Smile And Love Always!

Monday, April 27, 2009

"Inclusion"

I learned an extremely valuable lesson from a co-worker. You see we work together and from time to time we ask one another what the other thinks about a certain "thing" relative to work.

Here and there I would ask a question or two about a "thing" or two, but most of the time I would attempt to figure it out on my own, without any help. Until the other day, when I needed an opinion on something that I had yet to encounter on the job.

So, instead of asking the question from "across the office," I printed my document, highlighted the area and made my way over to the co-worker to ask for an opinion. They looked up, stood up and listened to my question while taking a look at what I printed.

An epiphany came over me at that very moment. You see, it was a look that I had never seen before and I immediately knew what it was!

Here it is, I go about my daily business, doing my job, which I believe that I am very good at, but I found myself asking a question relative to a situation that I had not encountered on the job.

Now my perception of "the look" could have been totally misconstrued or it could have served its purpose by delivering the epiphany to me. It dawned on me that what we do, whether or not we think that we are good at it, has little or nothing to do with how we treat what we "think" we are good at.

In a nutshell, the message to me was that it is not how good one "thinks" they might be, the TRUE, REAL Blessing is the "Inclusion" of others when you are going through your "process" or "discovery" thereof. It is more important to share and "include" others so that they might either grow WITH you or grow BESIDE you.

My co-worker provided the answer that I needed and I applied 100% of their advice to the "thing" that I had never encountered, until then. I was grateful at the art of "Inclusion" that was afforded to me. And even though I still "think" that I am pretty good at my job, the day that I asked for help, my co-worker made me better.

Cheers to "Inclusion!"

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

No comments: