Smile And Love Always!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Get It When They Get It"

You know, you can talk until you are blue in the face to someone about something that could be life-altering, beneficial to them or in their absolute BEST interest.

You can illustrate your point of view in the best Van Gogh impersonation with all of the brilliance emanating from the canvas, staring right back in your direction.

You can carve your thoughts into a slab of wet concrete and rest assured that the recipient of your intended point, your thoughts, will step right over them, walk right on them, spit upon them and not even "get it!"

You know My Mother used to give me this sly, little smirk whenever, as an adult, I finally realized that 2+2 was not 3 nor 5, but actually 4. She didn't say too much, but I grew to know what that look was all about. "I've been trying to tell you this the whole time, Corey." I KNEW what she was thinking and SHE knew that I knew what she was thinking. Hence the reason for not an utterance, but rather a quiet, sly, smirk.

GOD knows that I miss those smirks, those words, that advice, hearing that voice telling me that "everything's going to be alright."

Be patient with the people that do not "get it until they get it," because once they get it, they got it and they shall never relinquish it.

They WILL "Get It When They Get It" and not a moment sooner.

2+2=4, quietly, slyly, smirking.

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

No comments: