Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, June 02, 2011

"Trust and Fall"

When I first fell in Love, I scuffed my knees in an attempt to break my fall. And all I had to do was trust the reason why I was falling to begin with. With no coercion and zero persuasion, "Trust and Fall" was the only call that I chose not to make.

The scars that reveal themselves serve as a daily reminder that there is no need to break a fall that was not brought on by anything that wasn't supposed to happen in the first place.

Love is the presence that you know will catch the fall that you find yourself in and not the never ending drop that you are trying to avoid even when you first make the conscious decision to let yourself fall.

My knees have since healed and now I embrace the scars that will take me farther than breaking my initial fall ever could, ever would or ever will.

Perhaps age has taught me to be more aggressive and less resistant within my pursuit. Only I will know the answer to that, unless of course one should check my knees for newer and fresher scars that would tell the redundant story of Corey not giving in and not giving it his all, because he simply refused to "Trust and Fall."

For easier confirmation, I'll wear shorts.

This Summer,
Next Spring,
This Winter,
"Trust and Fall."

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!

Smile and Love Always!
Corey A. Ford

No comments: