Smile And Love Always!

Monday, June 23, 2008

"Jugglin' Act"

Big Top nor Ringling had or has anything on a single-parented household where a "Jugglin' Act" requires more than a high school diploma and at LEAST a Masters Degree or better! When you are active in your childs life, it is kind of hard to fathom that there are actually parents out there that are NOT involved!

Taking a quick glimpse of the landscape and you begin to realize that the weeds have begun to grow ferociously and that no one outside of the single-parented household is encouraged nor motivated to do anything about it as we idly witness those parents burn their candles at BOTH ends.

Come hook or crook, I witness these parents make it happen in order to both provide for AND encourage their children that there is INDEED a "BETTER" out there.

My Mother was a single parent and although she made sure that the streets did not claim another black male, in particularly her first born, she struggled nonetheless. You couldn't tell that in her "swagger," because she was always on point! But she was still human, one person holding it down for all of us!

The support system that these single parents have in place is as little as none to as much as blessed. And the reason why the "as little as none's" do not think that they are blessed is because we have yet to introduce them to any other options. Although they might not be OUR kids, it is still OUR problem. We are all HIS children and HIS children deserve nothing short of spectacular.

Before my Mother, with my Mother and after my Mother, the "Jugglin' Act" continues and will do so until we stand BESIDE the parents and blow out one end of that candle in preservation of the journey that lies before.

The David Copperfields in the form of absent parents need to perform acts OTHER THAN disappearing and actually balance the "Jugglin' Act" that has BOTH Big Top and Ringling dumbfounded with respect to the performances that are rendered day in and day out by these dedicated single-parents.

Since I represent my Mother and all of her good deeds and works:

I applaud you!
I salute you!
I pray for you!
I dare stand WITH you in solidarity!

Although the road is long and winding at times and perhaps even all of the time, remain strong and stay encouraged. HE has NOT forgotten about you!

Besides, my Mother wouldn't have it any other way!

Love and My Mother are the Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are the Motivation!
Love and My Mother are the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's me, trying to burn the candle at both ends, or maybe even burning the whole candle. Today I really needed to hear that.
Thanks for the encouragement,
because I'm Exhausted!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.