Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

"My Tie"

Some days I match up "My Tie" with my shirt and think to myself, "YES! You've never matched this pair up before. Its gonna look GOOD!" And then I step outside into the natural light only to find out that what looked good inside does not necessarily look good outside...of the natural light.

Sometimes we hit the nail right on top of its head and other times, we simply miss.

Whenever I used to step out into the natural light to find out that "I will definitely be ticketed by the fashion police today," I used to hurry back indoors to correct my fashion faux pas. Well, that was then...

And now when I step out into the natural light and think that I might possibly be re-ticketed, I continue on my way with the thought of perfection getting farther and farther away as I gravitate towards what awaits me for that day.

You see it matters not what I look like. It matters what my heart acts like.

Once I commit myself to the exterior of my residence, I now understand that some days I will feel how I look and other days I will look how I feel. In other words, some days are better than others, but they are days that we have been Blessed to bare witness to, nonetheless. And subsequently, we have yet another opportunity...

So, as I matched up "My Tie" today, I allowed my heart to lead the way, irrespective of the ticket that I may or may not receive, so long as what I do is pleasing in His eyes and not that of the one administering the tickets.

Afterall, they have a certain quota to meet, so how relevant are the things that emanate from their lips in the form of their opinions? "His" opinion is what we should all be concerned with.

Pardon me, I need to fix "My Tie."

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!

Smile and Love Always!
Corey A. Ford

No comments: