Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

"I Got Me Out Of the Way"

My vertical growth continued while my horizontal growth had hit what I perceived at the time to be an unforeseeable road block, with the emphasis being on "perceived." That road block was not an object that I could not "grow" around or a place that I could not "grow" through, but that road block was the one thing that hindered me from broadening my horizons, thus expanding my potential for continued growth. Sure enough, it was no ONE, or no THING that was holding me back. It was "him," that guy that I saw staring back at me in the mirror. It was "ME!"

If that was not a humbling, in your face Revelation, then I do not know what is! Especially when "you" discover that "you" are the reason for the cloudy weather during "your" current season.

You see growth is indeed optional, as is everything else in Life. But when your hearts desire is to subscribe to something better, growth is no longer optional, for it becomes mandatory.

Sometimes we are afraid of what we already know. We already know what we look like, so we refuse to look at ourselves in that mirror for fear of having to bare witness to more than just a reflection, but possible long bouts of self-rejection.

Do you know who, where or what is holding you back and hindering YOUR growth? Could it be you too?

As for me, I finally got back to my growing ways, once "I Got Me Out Of the Way."

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!

Smile and Love Always,
Corey

No comments: