Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Transitioning"

While I was dropping my son off to his class, I noticed a new face of a little boy that I had never seen before. And although I do not know EVERY name of EVERY child in my sons class, I do know each and EVERY face and his was not "familiar."

I inquired with the young lady that the little boy was clinging to as his tears could resist gravity no more and the fear captivated him with every rapid eye movement. He was afraid!

The parent within me had to know what the matter was and the teacher proceeded to inform me that the little boy was "Transitioning."

You see when the children become of a certain age, they need to "Transition" FROM the old TO the new, with a group of children that are within their age group.

I was "familiar" with the "Transition" process because I had to endure it WITH my daughter first and then my son, not to mention my own parental anxiety of knowing what they were "growing through."

My "familiarity" with the "Transition" process was also due to the fact that I too had to one day "Transition" FROM the old TO the new. I did not just ARRIVE sight unseen, sound unheard. I made an inevitable splash, but not without the help of someone or something "familiar."

So, as I hung up my sons coat, I kneeled down to embrace him with our "familiar" hug and asked him if he knew the little boys name. He said, "yes Daddy." I then told my son, "he is afraid because this is a new classroom with a bunch of not so "familiar" faces. And although this class and its surroundings are "familiar" to you, they are not "familiar" to him and right about now he needs to make some new friends to welcome him to his new surroundings. Do you remember when you came FROM your old class TO your new class?" He said, "yes Daddy." I told him, "well, now it is his turn and we need to make him feel comfortable in his new classroom, with his new teachers and all of the new faces that will soon enough become "familiar" to him, just like the new classroom, new teachers and all of the new faces embraced you when you "Transitioned" into what is now "familiar" to you."

My son pays meticulous attention to what I tell him, more so than I ever imagined him to do. He listens intently and WILL follow up with questions to further expand upon his understanding. Since I am abundantly aware of that, I seized that opportunity to do as my Mother did with me. I "Planted a Seed."

I was humbled by the epiphany that came over me. Children are a gift from GOD Almighty because they teach you, remind you and reinforce everything that we thought we knew, forgot or did not know at all. I THANK GOD FOR THE BLESSED OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PARENT!

I realized that although my surroundings are "familiar" to me, I need to be that comforting spirit to others that are "Transitioning" FROM the old TO the new. I need to be that "familiar" face in an "unfamiliar" place and to do it without further delay. GOD so placed this Blessing upon my heart and just as that little boys tears could resist the gravity no more, I too cannot resist the gravity of GOD no more. I need to seize the opportunity and the chance to extend WHAT I know, so that others MAY grow. It is what I expected of my son. It is what GOD expects of me. And so it shall be done.

Even in the final transition, you will still have a "familiar" presence and a friend in your LORD and Savior Jesus Christ.

I may not be "familiar" with the details of YOUR "Transition," but I can still be a Blessing to you DURING your "Transition." For all I know, this could very well be the dryrun for my own "Transition" to something that I too will not be "familiar" with. But in the meantime and in between time, allow my "familiar" face to accompany you on your "Transition" to what will soon become a "familiar" place.

I so look forward to all of my sons questions. I am prepared and have all of my seeds ready.

With all of my heart...

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

No comments: