Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

"I Believe Myself"

I picked my son up and proceeded to ask him how his day went. He said, "Fine, Daddy." We discussed the events of the day and I asked him who he was playing with throughout. You see, when I was coming of age, my Mother knew each and every one of my friends. The friends she liked, the ones she warned me about and the ones that she outright disliked, which needless to say, did not remain in my Life long thereafter.

My son said, "I was playing with my friends, Daddy." I jokingly told him, "you don't have any friends." He said, "yes, I do." I said, "no, you don't." He said. "Yes, I do." I said, "I don't believe you." My son then said, "I Believe Myself, Daddy."

After that quick exchange I reached back to my son, gave him a pound and told him, "don't you EVER let anyone tell you contrary to what you already KNOW. Not even Daddy!" He said, "Ok, Daddy."

When my son is of age with a tad bit more wisdom underneath his wings, I am sure that he will "jokingly" inquire about that royalty check for co-authoring Daddy's Blogs. At least a stipend for the inspiration. I got you son! Both you and your sister got all of what I have to offer in and to this world up to and including this very Blog.

Never without my "Inspiration GPS" fully charged, I am not amazed that I need not venture too far from home to find that free-falling inspiration. The innocence of my children constantly remind me of how good I have it. I may provide for them and be well aware of how good THEY have it, but I must confess that I too, have it good with THEM.

This, "I Believe Myself, Son."

I thank you both for allowing Daddy to teach you, borrow and learn FROM you, so that I can further understand myself and turn right around and teach you more.

Truth be told, as much as they are learning, I am being taught.

This, "I Believe Myself."

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

No comments: