Smile And Love Always!

Monday, July 14, 2008

"W-2's"

In the gym one day, getting my body right, I ran into and had a conversation with a good friend/colleague of mine. Here we were, both in the same place at the same time, about to have a discussion surrounding what we all collect on a yearly basis!

No coincidence that we were both present because I am of the firm belief that EVERYTHING happens for reason. Although the reasoning might seem to elude us, it shall be REVEALED in due time, exactly when it is supposed to be revealed.

So, as he proceeded , I heard him say, "Corey, you cannot leave a legacy behind by collecting W-2's."

The beauty in his statement has nothing to do WITH the POWER of his statement (although that is vitally important), but has everything to do with HOW GOD works. I was in the gym to lift weights and do some cardio. But GOD had a message for me and on THAT day, in the gym, it was hand delivered directly to me, using my friend as the sturdy conduit, in which to deliver HIS message. If you don't know HIM, I am proof that GOD is Good!

My good friend informed me that I needed to leave behind a legacy that was not just solely within the stack of "W-2's," to show forth the fact that I once existed. But I needed to leave behind a legacy that will live on long after my death, through my work and the passing of the torch on to my children.

Of course later on that day when I reflected upon his statement, I pondered on the manner in which to leave such behind. What do I leave to my children? What could I possibly leave them to carry on? Needless to say, the messenger accomplished something of great human importance: "he got and KEPT my full, undivided attention."

I went back to school to complete my undergrad and through school, I embarked upon a writing campaign that has not subsided, yielded to anything oncoming, or even stopped for a brief moment in time. I have essentially parlayed my writing into my good friends form of a "W-2," a legacy.

A thought that created a spark, that ignited the flame, into a full blown inferno! Yes indeed, GOD is Good!

My Legacy List continues on its upward mobility and has grown longer than I could have ever imagined it to! The contents of each of our Legacy List's is strictly and solely contingent upon US! I encourage you to do what I was once encouraged to do and remember the messenger's message that day in the gym: "Corey, you cannot leave a legacy behind by collecting W-2's." Just replace my name with yours and embrace the power of that statement in its entirety.

As a friendly reminder, GOD is Good!

Love and My Mother are the Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are the Motivation!
Love and My Mother are the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

No comments: