Smile And Love Always!

Monday, July 21, 2008

"Quiet Calm"

Who knew that going home would answer so many questions and bring about a "Quiet Calm" that I have been in search of for quite a long time? The remarkable presence of GOD never ceases to amaze me.


HE is Omnipotent!
HE is Omnipresent!
HE is GOD all by HIMSELF!

My Mother was a GREAT woman, one in which could NEVER be replaced!!! Being my Mother is only part of the equation. When I bare witness to the lives that She has impacted with Her life, I cannot help but to be proud of what She stood for, cherish Her memory, lift Her up in EVERYTHING that I do and speak of Her as if She is STILL in the room.

At my birth, GOD knew how long that HE would Bless me with the presence of my Mother. In Her death I am overjoyed that I was Blessed to have been so lucky with the time that I DID have. As I reflect back on what Time means and how I chose to use my time, I cannot help but to conjure up "Memories of Mom" telling me, "Corey, you cannot soar with the eagles, if you are going to hoot with the owls. Time waits for no one." That was "my" Mom!

Tomorrow is promised to no one and my Mother made no guarantees for She knew that the power to do so resided with the LORD. What my Mother COULD guarantee was that come "hell or high water," She loved me. She lived for me. She inspired me and She molded me into what I am today: a Father, a Son, a Brother, an Uncle, a Grandson, a Cousin, a MAN, someone that She knew beyond a shadow of doubt, would not stop until it was time to stop. That was "my" Mom!

It is victoriously comforting to know that GOD is GOD all by HIMSELF!

It is remarkably wonderful to know that sometimes the answers to your questions are within the confines of familiar territory, within the very walls that you refer to as home.

The interior of my home is reflected on the exterior of Corey. I have found my "Quiet Calm."

Peace Be Still.

Love and My Mother are the Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are the Motivation!
Love and My Mother are the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

No comments: