Smile And Love Always!

Monday, May 19, 2008

"Taking Inventory"

Whenever I go grocery shopping, I do EXACTLY what my Mother taught me to do prior to the actual trip: "Take Inventory," rotate and get rid of the expired.

As I compose my list, I'm checking out what I have in the refrigerator and the cupboards because I only want to have to make one trip! Do I have enough ketchup for the kids? Add orange juice....double check your list Corey!

I have yet to come across an item or a product that has NO expiration date. Therefore, I will always be compelled to "Take Inventory," rotate and get rid of the expired.

This exercise also holds true to the PEOPLE in my life! Oft times we arrive at a place or juncture that COMPELS us to "Take Inventory," rotate and get rid of the expired.

What this means for me is the acknowledgment that everything in my life has some sort of an expiration date affixed to it. It is imperative for me "Take Inventory," rotate and get rid of the expired just as I do with the products that align my cupboards and refrigerator alike. This does not mean however that I merely throw away people or toss them to the side. "Taking Inventory" means that I am acknowledging your presence or LACK THEREOF and rotating the impact that you have in my life, albeit positive OR negative, thus allowing the expiration process to fulfill itself.

"Taking Inventory" means that I am cleaning out my INTERNAL cupboards to allow them to be stocked anew with an item AND a product that has ZERO expiration date. "Taking Inventory" means that my spiritual refrigerator is stocked with plenty of Love and rejuvenating components that lend themselves as individual ingredients to a healthy lifestyle and a giving Spirit.

"Taking Inventory" means that the ONLY thing in MY life that has NO-ZERO expiration date affixed to it, is the only SOMETHING, that makes EVERYTHING right! And I thank HIM! HE is ALWAYS number one on my grocery list and never needs to be rotated out due to the fact that HE never expires!

Love and My Mother are the Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are the Motivation!
Love and My Mother are the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright Corey! Another great blog.
Thanks for the insight.