Smile And Love Always!

Monday, January 04, 2010

"The Day That I Quit"

I am grateful that my Life has never afforded me the title of "Quitter." I will exhaust all possible resources, chances and opportunities before I walk away. I just don't quit! But, when I do walk away, for me, I shall not return.

On this very day, four years ago, for the first time in my Life, I decided to quit. Although she never witnessed me do it, My Mother would implore, encourage and even motivate me to quit. "Quit to live Corey," she would say.

Mother had this trick that she would deploy to see if her dream of me quitting actually came to fruition. It took me a long time to figure out that she had been using the same trick for an even longer time :-)

That's My Momma!

But, needless to say, my best interests had ALWAYS been on her radar and for that, I have ALWAYS been grateful, even when I was blinded by my own ambition.

After many failed attempts, I got my mind and my body right to finally do the right thing by me and everyone that Loved me. I devised a plan that included a healthy and regular dose of Prayer and I simply quit.

No, my Life has never afforded me the title of "Quitter," but I thank GOD and My Mother for "The Day That I Quit," smoking cigarettes.

So, as Mother implored, encouraged and motivated me to quit, I too offer you same so that you too can "Quit to live."

Whatever or whomever your vice is, muster up the nerve, develop the courage, devise a plan, Pray and simply quit!

If for no one else, do the right thing for yourself and everyone that Loves you.

"Quit to live," said Mother.

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

No comments: