Smile And Love Always!

Friday, August 28, 2009

"Insert Yourself"

GOD knows I miss my Mother so very much.

As I do throughout the course of EVERY day, I think about her and I'm constantly reminded of her presence in the things that I see, in the things that I hear and in the things that I do. Which brings me to my Ramona thought.

I remember as a young boy when my Mother was teaching me the way, she implored me to "Insert Myself." It was very simple in her estimate. If I walked by something that needed to be done, then I should not pass by it before doing it. If I saw something that needed some attention, then it was my duty to see to it that it received the right amount of attention. If there was a way for me to "Insert Myself" into the process that would ultimately afford the chance to 'make a difference,' then it was my obligation to do so and 'make that difference.'

I remember walking into the kitchen one day and I noticed some dirty dishes in the sink. My Mother asked me how come I didn't clean them. "Well Mom, I didn't dirty them. I cleaned my dishes, the ones that I dirtied before these new dirty dishes came along."

And that is exactly what she meant by "Inserting Myself." If I saw something that needed to be done, do not simply ignore the fact that it warrants attention because I am too selfish to give it my own.

It did not nor does it much matter who was responsible for what, if something needs to be done, then "Insert Yourself" in the process to make sure that it gets done.

As a lad, all I thought about was the fact that whomever dirtied the dishes should bare the responsibility of cleaning them. But, it was much bigger than that!

My Mother was instilling something bigger than the physical labor of cleaning a couple of plates, although at the time, that is all that my young mind could see.

Along Life's path lies a plethora of opportunities to "Insert Yourself" in the process to be representative of advanced reciprocity. You see, you will not just have to "Insert Yourself" because the knife cuts both ways. At some point in time, someone else will take it upon themselves and clean a couple of dirty plates that you too have left behind.

Do not wait to be told what to do, when you already know. Take the initiative to "Insert Yourself."

Her presence in the things that I see, in the things that I hear and in the things that I do. Since so much needs to be done, maybe that was Ramona's way of ensuring that I would always think of her as I do, throughout the course of EVERY day.

GOD knows I miss my Mother so very much!

Where will you "Insert Yourself" today?

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

No comments: