Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

"To Never Betray Again"

Such a powerful statement that requires acknowledgment of an initial betrayal. At some point in time haven't we all had the feeling of some sort of betrayal that we could not fully wrap our thoughts around?

But when I think about how Jesus was betrayed, my alleged "betrayal" is nothing short of a figment of my imagination. Who am I to think that I am so mighty, that someone actually betrayed ME?

The actual betrayal is not what stung the most, it was the process of actually following through with the betrayal. Somewhere down "Betrayal Boulevard" I'm sure there were plenty of exits that could have been taken instead of barreling down the strip, recklessly ignoring the stop light, the stop signs and all of the other warnings that spelled out CAUTION!

Yet still, full speed ahead, to one day slamming on the brakes so hard that you bump your head in an attempt to upright your body behind the steering wheel, "To Never Betray Again."

What a way to put a screeching halt to your misdeeds of the past, your personal and selfish agenda, your breathtaking actions to avoid the inevitable dead end that was right on the horizon.

Now, doesn't it feel good to "Be...Better?"

With the revocation of reckless abandon, I now acknowledge you stop light! I now see you stop sign! Beyond the tip of my nose, I now see the caution without even having laid eyes upon its presence.

All, "To Never Betray Again."

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very wise woman once told me, "There are signs everywhere. Try not to let your ignorance make you blind." I believe because we are emotional beings we act on those feelings instead of slowing down and noticing all the "signs" on our journey.

All people experience betrayal on different levels throughout their lives, but only one has experienced the ultimate betrayal and that is our Lord, Jesus Christ. I thank God everyday for the Passion he went through for us.

Corey, I pray that God continues to guide you with your words.