Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Well Done"

Oft times we seek recognition for the things that we have done and sometimes even for the things that we have YET to do. I guess we can call it "advanced recognition" for lack of a better term. I must admit, recognition IS and CAN BE a beautiful thing. The TYPE of recognition is what I am in search of.

It's cool if my boss pats me on the back or if my co-workers recommend me for an award, but the TYPE of recognition that I'm looking for has to be "something bigger than Corey and nothing less than Glory." Therefore, I cannot allow myself to settle for quick intangible wins since this destination-less journey is at least a marathon.

I have entirely too much riding on my recognition to risk the tangible impacts that it will have on all that surround me. So, if it's not part of the solution, then it must be part of the problem and I want nothing to do with it. My recognition is at stake! If you are not part of the solution, then you must be part of the problem and I want nothing to do with you. My recognition is at stake!

I simply cannot SETTLE or dumb-down my goals and ambitions because you refuse to step up, yet you're always willing to step out! I cannot cheat myself out of everything that is in store for me, everything that HE has promised me, as long as I am obedient. My recognition is at stake!

No matter what I do, it has to be "Well Done." Although I'm not in search of perfection, I know that HE has provided me with entirely TOO much to simply do TOO little. And since HE is paying attention, then my recognition is DEFINITELY at stake!

I desire to be recognized with the TYPE of recognition that is pleasing to HIM! Since "U-Haul's" do not follow hearses, I need to leave my impact behind in the same manner that my Mother was "Planting Her Seeds." I WANT my recognition to be 2 words: "Well Done."

When my children are grown with children of their own, I want them to reflect back and be able to say, dad, "Well Done."

When I look into the eyes of the woman that I WILL spend the rest of my life with, I want her to say, SWEETUMS, "Well Done."

When I am reunited with my Mother, I want her to look me in the eyes and tell me, Corey, "Well Done."

And when my life is no more and GOD calls me home, I want HIM to embrace me and tell me, Son, "Well Done."

So, the type of recognition that you seek does indeed matter! It dictates the path that you will ultimately take in life.

My Children, My Love, My Mother, My FATHER! What I will do for you will ALWAYS be "Well Done."

Love and My Mother are the Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are the Motivation!
Love and My Mother are the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

1 comment:

CIMSAAF said...

Wow!!!! Wellllll DONE!!! I really like this!!! POWERFUL!