Smile And Love Always!

Monday, February 18, 2008

"Honey & Vinegar"

My Mother used to tell me, "Corey, you get more flies with Honey than you do Vinegar." As a kid I had the visual in full effect. "What on earth is my Momma talking about THIS time? You see, she knew I was the thinking type so she always told me things to keep my mind busy. My Mother resented an idle mind. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop Corey." Again, as a kid I had the visual in full effect. One of these days, I'll put it all together and figure out what Mom means, what Mom is talking about and why she CONTINUES to fill my mind with all of this brain food. In all actuality it is probably because she knew that I was hungry, craving for some information to soak up, absorb and most importantly process.

It's so important to not only build relationships, but to foster them as well. Oft times our approach makes all the difference in the world. This is exactly where Mom's quote comes into full effect: "Corey, you get more flies with Honey than you do Vinegar."As I ponder the success AND failure of past relationships both of the personal AND professional nature, I can now truly appreciate EXACTLY what my Mother meant when she told me, "Corey, you get more flies with Honey than you do Vinegar."

My approach would sometimes require reproach after I realized that perhaps the door or window of opportunity closed once it saw my demeanor coming. I had to analyze WHAT I was doing and HOW I was doing it! I had to analyze WHAT I was saying and HOW I was saying it! My "vinegar approach" wasn't working. My Mother WAS right, you DO get more flies with honey than you do vinegar.

Sometimes it is incumbent upon us to think about the end result before we attempt to communicate what it is that we want, what it is that we desire. As we contemplate our wants and needs we should develop a plan of action that is complimented with the right approach in hopes of those favorable end results.

I do not believe this to be a tact used ONLY for selfish wants and needs, but for wants and needs that have a much broader reach than what we're used to.

Expel that "vinegar" out of your mouth and dip your tongue in some "honey" before you flip your next words. You do indeed get more flies with honey than you do vinegar. Thank you Mom!

Happy Birthday!

Love and My Mother are the Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are the Motivation!
Love and My Mother are the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

1 comment:

CIMSAAF said...

How very nice. Happy Birthday to your mother! Much respect! :-)