Smile And Love Always!

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

"More of A Man, Part 2: However"

Turning18 and voting for the very first time did not make me one.

When I turned 21 and didn't have to use a fake ID in order to do all of the things that I shouldn't have been doing in the first place, did not make me one either.

Becoming a dad at 31 started to reveal the Man that I was to be. Admittedly, the scenic route wound up being my route of choice, However, the Path to my Destiny was and is entirely different.

That road less traveled is definitely not synonymous with that of least resistance, However, the fruits of the labor are indeed juicier!

In hindsight, I wholeheartedly appreciate the road that I traveled upon. It served as a prerequisite for the Path that I was destined to be on. Becoming what you were Purposed to be, is one of the Greatest Joys that God gives for free!

I still vote, However, I need not do the things that I used to do. I am reminded and encouraged to Live my Life through that of the images of Christ. The Purpose of my Path wasn't concerned with my scenic route. It just took me a little while longer to get where I was already headed. And along the way, I became "More of A Man," because of the Spirit of the Lord that moves within me!

God, Love, And Smile Always!
Corey A. Ford

No comments: