Smile And Love Always!

Friday, March 28, 2008

"Who's Next?"

As soon as you walk into the barbershop, you speak, give your pounds and take inventory. In all actuality, as you are speaking and giving your pounds, you are already simultaneously taking inventory. Quiet as kept you're taking inventory of who's in FRONT of you and how many YOUR barber has to cut before you can take your seat in his chair.

When it was too many people, I used to take inventory of the people that came in AFTER me and worried less about who was BEFORE me. It was easier to manage in the reverse from time to time.

All the while, the simple goal was to determine "Who's Next?"

Isn't it funny how we can put so much meticulous time and effort into figuring out "Who's Next" as opposed to realizing that in the world of success we should be claiming the fact that "I'm Next?"

LOOKING good does NOT equate to FEELING good! I began to realize that the waves that I used to brush "till the end of time" were not going to take me where I needed to go. I might look good in the process, but as my Mother used to say, "GOD don't like ugly and HE ain't studdin' beauty either." In other words what I looked like mattered NOT compared to what I was doing or what I was SUPPOSED to be doing according to HIM.

Therefore, it behooved me to understand that "Who's Next" is relative to how you position yourself. This same rule applies to everyday life. Should I arrive at the barbershop when it opens up then I need not worry about "Who's Next," taking inventory of who's in front of me or who's behind me. I didn't want someone asking me "Who's Next," when I was in the position to determine that "I'm Next!" I'm next in line! It's MY turn! This is MY life and I have made the conscious decision to BE next and not WAIT for next! You can ask "Who's Next," but I've already taken my seat in the chair, "I'm Next!"

As you traverse through your daily hustle and bustle, do not wait for someone to ask "Who's Next?" Proactively make the decision that "You're Next." You're next in line to better position yourself because you had the wherewithal to take inventory from the time you hit the door of who's in front of you as well as who is behind you. You positioned yourself with "SOMEONE" that you cannot lose with! You're next simply because of the promise of HIS Word coupled with the fact that the only thing that HE cannot do is FAIL!

I don't "HAVE" next, I "AM" next!

"Who's Next" is trivial because I know that when I walk through the door of the barbershop or any other door for that matter, the inventory that I take lies in the truth, that HE is the only one in front of me, HE is the only one on both sides of me and HE is the ONLY one that stands behind me.

I don't "HAVE" next, I "AM" next!

The barber might continue to ask "Who's Next," but all the while I'm already in his chair declaring that "I'm Next!"

Love and My Mother are the Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are the Motivation!
Love and My Mother are the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

No comments: