Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Prerequisites"

The arrival to the next level is strongly contingent upon proper preparation which warrants no less than the satisfactory completion of predetermined "Prerequisites."

Throughout the educational process, it has been determined that in order to take one class, you sometimes have to fulfill the obligatory "Prerequisites" that have been outlined and mandated prior to taking the NEXT level of classes.

Well life works in the same manner and capacity. In order to take your life to the next level, sometimes there are "Prerequisites" that have to be satisfied in order to appreciate the next level that we are so vigorously in search of, trying to navigate our way to.

I have personally attempted to skate around some "Prerequisites" that required my attention, but as I soon discovered, they did not and do not ever go anywhere. In all actuality, they stayed put, waiting for my inevitable return. You see, they were aware of the fact that I needed them in order to advance my personal journey. They were abundantly aware that even though I squawked at having to complete the "Prerequisites," they were well informed of the advantageous position they would later afford me.

Those "Prerequisites" were not trying to hold me back, they were trying to give me the foundation that I needed to build on. Those "Prerequisites" were trying to provide me with the necessary fundamentals that dictated that I needed to crawl before I walk, that I needed to walk before I ran, that I needed to have my support mechanisms in place to take any and all of my movements to the next level.

Within my personal transition, I have been and continue to be Blessed with "Prerequisites" that have bridged the gap between my own understanding or the lack thereof and the need to "lean not on my own understanding" to further advance my journey by coming to terms that I do not know it all. Where I am weak, HE is strong. And where I am strong, HE is even STRONGER!

GOD has been better to me than I have been to myself and I am so grateful for the opportunity to humble Corey and give "Thanks" for what my life has become and for who I am steadily becoming. A better person, a exceptional loving father, a humble spirit, a caring brother, a better friend, a spiritual warrior, a better listener (I'm trying), a proactive doer, a more patient reactive participant, a better planner, a good Uncle and an IMPECCABLE son, to HIM and my Mother.

All of my "Prerequisites" have not been taken since my refusal to cease learning and the successful shattering of the glass ceiling that once enclosed my thought process is no more. The potential to sponge and soak up as much as possible is only part of the equation. The other part of the equation begs me to formulate what I have learned and share. The "Prerequisite" for sharing is the satisfactory understanding and acceptance of the fact that I have indeed been Blessed.

With as much encouragement as I can muster, in life's next semester, do not attempt to avoid your "Prerequisites." The next level awaits your arrival and they are indeed mandatory.

Love and My Mother are the Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are the Motivation!
Love and My Mother are the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

No comments: