Smile And Love Always!

Saturday, April 09, 2011

"Cannot Afford It"

Once upon a time, I heard someone say, "If you have to ask the price, then you cannot afford it."

As a young boy this concept baffled me because I did not see it that way. Perhaps the person asking needed to know in order to take the information and make an "informed" decision with respect to what they intended on purchasing?

How could someone just make a blanket assumption as to whether or not another person could afford it or not? But when you do not reside within that demographic, perhaps your perception of their reality is skewed.

Truth be told there are a lot of things in this world that we have a tendency to want, pursue and even purchase that we knowingly cannot afford.

Truth be told, we have a tendency to live beyond our means with champagne taste, beer money and no disposable cash to claim via our name.

But this Blog is not solely in reference to the physical items that we adorn ourselves in and with or the pricey cars that we like to see ourselves riding around in. No this Blog is all encompassing with respect to how we truly live our lives.

Can we really truly afford to break up our families thinking that the grass is greener on the other side?

Can you really afford that indiscretion that forever shattered the bond of trust, for a moment of selfishness?

Can I really afford to not be the Father to my children that I am for the sake of doing whatever it is that "Corey" wants to do, in a non-selfless capacity?

Can we really truly afford to exist within this world without any knowledge of the greatness of GOD and all that HE has to offer us should we only be obedient to HIS Word?

Can we really afford to not put our best foot forward knowing that GOD will more than meet us halfway? Especially with the caveat being, that Faith without works, is dead.

Perhaps they were indeed right all along?

"If you have to ask the price, then you "Cannot Afford It.""

I can ill-afford to position myself on the outskirts of GOD's Grace and Mercy, the Love of my children, the Blessings of today, the promise of tomorrow, the future fervent and devoted Love of my Life, my Wife, and the protection that my LORD and Savior offers me as HIS child.

If you have to ask the price, then NO, you "Cannot Afford It."

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!

Smile and Love Always!
Corey A. Ford

No comments: