Smile And Love Always!

Friday, January 16, 2009

"Are You Going to Get the Heavy Stuff?"

I had a lot of things to carry into the house and as my son and I pulled up I asked him if he was going to help Daddy carry some of the things in. As quickly as I asked, he quipped "Daddy, "Are You Going to Get the Heavy Stuff?""
 
Totally inspired by my children, I could not help but to think about MY Father and why I even have the Blessings of being a parent to begin with. If children do not inspire you, then nothing ever will! Although my parental opinion might be biased, I firmly stand by it.
 
There are many times in my Life when I have plenty of things in which to carry from point A to point B and I have slowly but surely learned to lean on HIM to help me "Get the Heavy Stuff."
 
My children see me exercise on a regular basis and act as impromptu weights for my lower back as I do push ups. They understand the importance of staying in shape, taking care of their bodies and becoming strong, physically as well as spiritually. They are also learning that regardless of their own strength, there is NO strength like that of the LORD.
 
No matter how many push ups that Daddy does or how strong I become, I too need help from time to time to "Get the Heavy Stuff."
 
Having reverence for GOD, the purveyor of ALL of our strength, my son reminded me that he needs his father to "Get the Heavy Stuff" in the same manner that I too need MY Father to "Get the Heavy Stuff."
 
What a WONDERFUL Blessing it is to be a parent and a father and to have a constant source of inspiration, reflection and direction provided by the likes of someone that "I" am supposed to be raising.  Truth be told, the car drives both ways, forward and backwards.
 
My son's father always "Gets the Heavy Stuff."  MY Father always "Gets the Heavy Stuff." The laws of reciprocity thankfully will not and do not ever change. 
 
If children do not inspire you….then NOTHING ever will!
 
Answering my son in the same manner as MY Father so answers me, I told him, "Yes son, Daddy is going to "Get the Heavy Stuff." After I pick it all up though, I still need for you to hold my hand."
 
I Love being a Daddy!

GOD is Great!!

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

No comments: