Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

"I Represent My Momma"

Growing up with impeccable mannerisms and good habits were NOT optional. They were kind of like that "mandatory-voluntary" meeting that your boss invited you to. "Nah, you do not HAVE to come, but you’d BETTER go!" Nah, we did not HAVE to exhibit impeccable mannerisms and good habits, but if we knew what was good for us, we’d BETTER! Well, the level of participation for attending that meeting, having good habits and manners never really had optional as an option. It was all a figment of your imagination! You KNEW what you needed to do because you KNOW what is always expected of you!

High level expectations do not ever really change. It’s the devil in the detail that tends to be the moving target. From the detail to the high level, your actions and/or inaction's will forever represent what was instilled in you from the beginning.

Whenever I stepped outside of my Mothers home, I represented her. I represented her with my walk, with my talk, with my behavior, with my respect, with my conduct, with my SMILE, with my tenacity, with my fervor, with my heart, with my spirit, with my generosity, with my love. And with ALL OF MY MIGHT, "I Represented My Momma." She would have it no other way. I can hear her now: "Don’t burn your bridges Corey. You know you get more flies with honey than you do vinegar." My momma ALWAYS had something to tell me. A piece of advice after I thought the advice assembly line was all out of product. She ALWAYS had a piece of SOMETHING stashed away. I think she got a kick out of my facial expressions or my sudden silence on the phone before I asked her to repeat what I thought I just heard. To have a Mother like I did proved to be a Heaven sent Blessing that could have ONLY been bestowed upon me, by HIM.

Know that when you witness my walk, witness my talk, witness my behavior, witness my respect, witness my conduct, witness my SMILE, witness my tenacity, witness my fervor, witness my heart, witness my spirit, witness my generosity and witness my love. You need to know ONE thing. "I Represent My Momma."

My Mother is the Inspiration!
My Mother is the Motivation!
My Mother is the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

1 comment:

CIMSAAF said...

You represent your momma well Corey! ;-)