Smile And Love Always!

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Steve Jobs, "A Change that Starts with Me"

Steve Jobs was an incredible man, an impeccable visionary and an amazing human being. Humility seeped from his pores as he changed the landscape of how we live our lives and how we interact with each other within our lives.

As the outpouring of Love, admiration and respect came thundering in, it instantly reminded me of the same type of adoration that followed another release from this great visionary, when all you had to do was tune in or walk by the throngs that were in line to consume not only a pretty cool, sleek looking gadget or device, but an investment in a brand that instantly put you in mind of circular frames, a mock turtleneck, jeans and sneakers.

You know sometimes we do not like what we are in receipt of because of the way that "he or she" is packaged. But someone like Steve Jobs blew that shortsightedness right out of the water!

With everything that Mr. Steve Jobs accomplished, he left us with yet another indelible gem. As you witness the outpouring of Love, admiration and respect, pay very close attention to the humility that exuded from such a pioneer who was well aware of his contributions to Life. And within every instance in Life, he demonstrated the existence of opportunity.

The passing of Mr. Steve Jobs made me personally realize the opportunity to do and be something in Life that would garner the same type of all around Love, not because of "me" but because of the contributions to Life that come "through" me. And if the type of Life that I lead is not on the right track or the correct path that would yield such results, then it is time for change. "A Change that Starts with Me."

In his words...
On Work
"You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle."

On Death
"If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today? And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."
– Stanford Commencement Speech 2005

Thank you Mr. Steve Jobs! It was not just about what you created in your Life, but how you lived your Life and positively impacted the lives of others that I shall always remember.

And that is a brand that I will happily, cheerfully and always be willing to invest in!

iSad

Love and My Mother are My Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are My Motivation!
Love and My Mother are My Celebration!
Love and My Mother are My Dedication!

All the Best, All the Time!

Smile and Love Always!
Corey A. Ford

No comments: