Smile And Love Always!

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"$5 Dollars Daddy"

So one day I asked my son, "Do you love daddy?"
He quickly responded, "Yes daddy, I love you!"
Then I had the NERVE to ASK him: "How MUCH do you love daddy?"
He said, "$5 Dollars Daddy!"
I said, "$5 Dollars?!"
He smiled and simply said "Yes."
I smiled in return and asked, "IS THAT ALL?"
We both burst out into laughter.

Well, I laughed about it at first because I had no earthly idea that his response would be what it was. But then I got to thinking, "Corey why did you ASK him to QUANTIFY his love for you, when he already TOLD you that "YES" he LOVES you?" On a grander scheme, I started to ponder why all of us have a tendency to want to QUANTIFY love as opposed to QUALIFYING the love that we receive?
 
My son's response was more than adequate, yet I felt the need to know how MUCH when in all actuality the fact that he does indeed love me is all the reassurance that I need now and needed back then. I mean, I know that GOD so loves me.....and I wouldn't DARE ask HIM to quantify HIS love for me. So, why would I pose this question to my son?

Sometimes we're exactly like this! If we do not have as MUCH as we THINK we should we start QUANTIFYING what we have instead of appreciatingly QUALIFYING all that has been bestowed upon us. 
 
I know my son (and daughter) loves me!
 
I thank you son, for teaching daddy a valuable lesson that day.  Going forward, you will not ever have to worry about me asking again, "How much do you love me?"  I would hate to squander my current value! 
 
Be Blessed!
 
Love and My Mother are the Inspiration!
Love and My Mother are the Motivation!
Love and My Mother are the Celebration!

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

1 comment:

C said...

You're getting better everyday!