Smile And Love Always!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"The Pen and the Sword"

So mom used to tell me that "the pen is mightier than the sword." And as a child, my visual of her words was literal. You can imagine the bewildered look that I gave her as my mind self-concurred with the very thoughts that it formed.

Funny how everything that she instilled IN me, is still WITH me. And to this day I graciously appreciate her wisdom and strength. Now as a father, it is incumbent upon me to instill the same with my children. But in order to do so requires me to practice what I preach. I need to be the example that I would like for them to follow as opposed to the "do as I say, not as I do" verbiage that seems to fail miserably, no less than 100%, I'm willing to bet. Hence the reason for writing so much as of late. The power of words is just as important as the decision to ACT on the "pen route" as opposed to the "sword route." Words can be used to encourage, inspire, motivate, uplift, congratulate and most importantly COMMUNICATE.

Yes indeed the pen IS truly mightier than the sword. A hallmark card comes by way of the "pen." An email comes by way of the "electronic pen." A text message comes by way of the "numeric pen." A note comes by way of the "traditional pen." A letter comes by way of the "ink pen." And within all of these examples, we are able to illustrate the strength of the pen as it yields NOTHING to that of the perceived strength of the sword. I will continue to demonstrate the strength of the pen, due in large part to the strength of my mother instilling within me the importance of developing an impeccable practice of penmanship.

Buy a card, send an email, type a text, send a note or mail a letter, but continue to embrace the fact that the pen will always be mightier than the sword. If for no other reason, mom said so.

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

1 comment:

CIMSAAF said...

Corey this is lovely! Continue sharing your gift of writing! Peace and blessings! :-)