Smile And Love Always!

Friday, October 26, 2007

"Learn to Embrace"

The strengths and weaknesses that lie within each and every one of us are either highly complimented or grossly exaggerated with the sole purpose of hopefully landing somewhere in between these two very opposite ends of the spectrum.

I've realized that I have spent an enormous amount of time dodging both my strengths and weaknesses because I did not think that they adequately aligned with "my plans." Therein was the all too familiar problem. I needed to remove "me" and "I" from the equation and "Learn to Embrace" the very strengths and weaknesses that I was exerting too much energy trying to avoid. Instead I thought I would recreate "my plans" and make them fit into my life the way "I" deemed necessary. The problem with that notion stems from the fact that I cannot alter the very fabric that composes and creates me as a person. I had to work within the parameters of my strengths and weaknesses in order to understand them in hopes to make the strengths stronger and the weaknesses weaker. I needed to "Learn to Embrace" myself in the same esteem and manner that HE does.

Embracing my strengths means that "I" cannot do as "I" so desire with respect to "my plans." Embracing my weaknesses means that "I" cannot ignore the weaknesses that never seem to escape the psyche that knows where and how long they've been lurking within. Equally embracing them acknowledges their individual existence as well as collective. Learning to embrace is equivalent to learning to face the very opposite ends of the spectrum that oft times dictate how, where and what manner in which we move in.

When I learned and started to embrace, "my plans" turned out better than I could have ever imagined.

"Learn to Embrace."

All the Best, All the Time!
Corey

1 comment:

CIMSAAF said...

Very inspirational! For you: "I[you]can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me [you]." Philippians 4:13 :-)) Continue to Embrace!!!